Sunday, November 25, 2007

The Hand

November 26

There it is! The shadow of a hand is on my bedroom floor. I scream like only a six-year old can. My mother flicks on the light. I insist the hand was there. My mother turns out the light and sits on my bed. Soon the moonlight reappears on the floor. “Look,” I yell, “There is THE HAND.”I hear her gasp. My mother sees it too.

She turns on the light and glances around the room. I see a frown turn into a smile. She removes a cutout of a waving Pinocchio from the wall and turns out the light. When the moonlight returns the hand is gone. I am thankful for a mother who showed her boy compassion.

“Now we exhort you, brethren, warn those who are unruly, comfort the fainthearted, uphold the weak, be patient with all.” (1 Thessalonians 5:14)

No comments: