Thursday, November 15, 2007

Fear of Bridges

November 16

For many years I had a fear of driving over large suspension bridges. One day on the way to the Tampa airport a voice in my head said, "it is time to face your fear of big bridges and trust God." So I intentionally take I-275. The Skyway Bridge looms in the distance.
I start up the main span. “The Lord is my shepherd I shall not want.” I’m shaking. “yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil for You are with me.” My hands steady on the wheel, “Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.” I reach the highest point, “You prepare a table in the presence of my enemies, You anoint my head with oil.” The sky brightens and a peace comes over me. “My cup runs over.” God is so faithful.

Fear knocks, faith answers and there is no one there. (I no longer avoid high bridges.) Face your fears with faith and take action.

“Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life.” (From Psalm 23)

No comments: