Tuesday, November 27, 2007

A Glass of Wine

November 28

A pastor tells me that he and his wife were dinning out with her best friend and her atheist husband who is also a cynic. The waiter came to their table and asked for a drink order. The skeptic orders a class of the house wine. When the waiter leaves the man flashes a big smiles ans says, “Reverend too bad Jesus isn’t here, he could turn my cheap glass of wine into the best."

The pastor says to himself, I’m not going there. He ignores the comment and the ladies engage in a conversation. The waiter returns with the beverages and says to the critic, “ I’m sorry sir but we are out of our house wine. My manager apologizes and said to give you a glass of our best wine with his compliments.”

“Answer a fool as his folly deserves, that he isn’t wise in his own eyes.” Proverbs 26:5

No comments: