Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Directions from God

February 4, 2014

A pastor friend gave us a couple's name to look up when we moved from Connecticut to Florida. We misplaced the name. Weeks later I was meeting with a lawyer and when I asked him what he did outside of his practice he told me, "my wife and I are helping some people start a church."

He gave me a calling card with a map on the back. The next Sunday Joy and I followed the map to a school this church was renting. We made an instant connection with Bob and Ann Gamble.

Six months later we returned to Connecticut. Our Pastor friend asked if we looked up that couple she
recommended. Of course we hadn't. She wrote their names again on a slip of paper. We read Bob and Anne Gamble. We knew then we were in the church God wanted us to be.

"In all your ways acknowledge him and he will direct your paths." (Proverbs 3:5&6)

No comments: