Sunday, January 17, 2010

Amazing Grace

January 15

This is a night that stretches me to the breaking point. I am nodding off when I read:
"Whoever commits adultery with a woman lacks understanding; He who does so destroys his own soul." (Proverbs 6:32)
Wham! I lost my soul long ago. I'm doomed.

I read Luke 7. Jesus is eating at a Pharisee's house and an adulterous woman, washes His feet and dries them with her hair. The Pharisee is indignant. Jesus exposes his hypocrisy. Then he says to the woman "Your sins are forgiven."
In one reading I am convicted of the devastating severity of my sins against God. In the next reading I experience the wonders of His amazing grace

"For by grace you have been saved through faith and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast." (Ephesians 2:8-9)

No comments: