Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Trusting the Pilot

January 8

A winter storm is howling at BWI Airport in Baltimore. My flight to Tampa is delayed as crews plow the runways.

Finally it is our turn to take-off. While I pray, the plane roars down that snowy runway and up into the swirling storm clouds. The aircraft shutters, groans and shakes until we climb above the storm. The remainder of the flight to Tampa is a smooth one.

When I entered that plane I had totally given up control and put my life in the hands of that pilot. So why do I struggle giving the controls of my life to the Lord? Why can't I trust God to pilot my journey through life's storms. After all, who has had more experience?

"Trust the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. (Proverbs 3:5)

No comments: