Sunday, October 21, 2007

Rock Climbing

October 21

The rock face is straight up. I'm at the Outward Bound course in Colorado. My arms ache as I extend for the next finger hold.. It is out of reach. I stretch and my feet slide out and down. I am in free fall.But only for a couple of feet. Barry Barth, my bailer, is doing his job. He holds the lifeline and I bang against the rock and dangle there. No damage to the bones just to my pride.

God is like that bailer. I can't see Him but I know He is there. He keeps me from falling too far, but allows me to climb my own obstacles. He picks me up when I fall and He renews my strength when I stumble. God can be your bailer too.

“The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid.”(Psalm 27:1)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is truely inspiring stuff. This story is true for my life even though so times I forget or maybe don't admit He is in comtrol. God is so awesome! He is my strength.