Monday, October 22, 2007

Look Both Ways

October 24

It is a beautiful fall day and I am exiting a Petro Mart gas station in Southbridge Ma. I'm waiting for a break in the traffic coming up the hill on busy Route 31. Aha! A driver has her turn signal on indicating she intends to turn into the gas station. This is my chance to go.

The car signalling to turn stops. Nice lady, she is letting me out. But my foot freezes and doesn't leave the brake pedal. What's up with that? Then a little girl, her head barely higher than the hood of my van, rolls by on a skatebaord. I never saw her until that moment. I shudder at what might have been. That is why the other car had stopped. All I could say was, "Thanks Sam" ( my guardian angel).

"For He will give His angels charge over you, to guard you in all your ways." (Psalm 91:11)

No comments: