Monday, December 31, 2012

New Years Eve Baby

December 31

Here we are New Years Eve, two sets of anxious grandparents in the visitors room waiting for the arrival of a granddaughter. The baby has been expected since Christmas day but she is on her own schedule. Her mother is exhausted but finally in the maternity ward.

I'm sure this baby will be born before midnight because I had asked God in prayere two days ago if the baby could be born before the end of the year. The response I heard in my head was "yes, but remove that hat from the top of the Christmas tree and replace it with a light." I complied.

Eleven thirty comes and goes. No Baby. Then midnight and still no word. What happened? The message had been so clear. Did I misunderstand God?

At 12:15 the new father opens the waiting room door and announces the baby is here? Everything is fine. I ask when did she arrive?

"At 11:45 " he says apologetically, "I've been busy cleaning her up.

"Therefore know that the Lord your God is faithful and keeps covenant and mercy for a thousand generations with those who love and keep His commandments." (Deuteronomy 7:9)

No comments: