Wednesday, May 2, 2012

National Day of Prayer

May 3, 2012

Today is proclaimed a national day of prayer. For any prayer to be effective we have to believe in God, pray expectantly and know that God will answer our prayers that are in His will. I think of Miss Jane who fled an abusive situation and found a women's shelter in Southwest Florida.

She said she found a part-time job waitressing but needed a car to secure a fulltime position. She had no money.
" I prayed for a clean Camry" (she had one before) and she added "make it four doors so I can take people with me to church and Lord I prefer brown and beige."

Within a few days a local Christian organization heard of her plight and offered a donated auto she could pickup the next day. When she arrived the car was not there but she was told the donor had taken it to a car wash. Shortly, Jane saw a car enter the parking lot. It was a four-door beige Camry freshly washed and waxed. She knew it was her prayer answered. A gift from God.

"I tell you, then, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it and it will be yours."
(Mark 11:24)




No comments: