Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Fear of Bridges

November 16

Time to face my fear of big bridges and trust God. The Skyway Bridge over Tampa Bay looms in the distance.I start reciting the 23rd Psalm.

I start up the main span “The Lord is my shepherd I shall not want.” I’m shaking. “yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil for You are with me.” My sweaty hands grip the steering wheel.

“Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.” I'm at the highest point.

“You prepare a table in the presence of my enemies, You anoint my head with oil.” The sky brightens. “My cup runs over.” God is faithful.

Now I know what the statement means--Fear knocks at the door and faith answers and noone is there. I have driven over that bridge several times since without any fear.

“Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life.” (From Psalm 23)

No comments: