Monday, November 16, 2009

Bridge Phobia

November 16

Time to face my fear of big suspension bridges and trust God. The Skyway Bridge over Tampa Bay looms in the distance.I can feel my heart pumping. The sky is overcast.

I start up the main span saying, “The Lord is my shepherd I shall not want.” I’m shaking, “yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil for You are with me.” My hands steady on the wheel, “Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.” I reach the highest point, “You prepare a table in the presence of my enemies, You anoint my head with oil.” The sky brightens. “My cup runs over.” Fear knocked, faith answered, and no one was there. God is faithful.

“Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life.” (From Psalm 23)

No comments: